Thursday, December 15, 2011

IS THERE ANY HORSE RANCH IN THE POCONOS WITHOUT A RUDE OWNER?

I am 18 and LOVE horses. I live in Tobyhanna and wanted to get a job at a local horse ranch and be paid free horse riding. I tried Pocono Manor horse stables first. The guy was VERY vague. He told me (even though I am 18 and I was willing to let my insurance cover it) he would have to get in touch with his insurance company. 2 weeks later I call and he says "No, they won't allow it". WTH? I told him I would let me insurance cover it. Then I tried Mountain Creek Riding Stable. Everything seemed fine with the owner over the phone. She said I should come in and she would show me around the place so I get to know it. She said she was almost postive I would get the job. My mom drove me there since I can't drive yet. We get in there and she has been tell her some information about me and then she said that was it. I asked her about showing me around and she said "I don't have time for that today" in a REALLY nasty tone. And then I asked if I got the job and she said "Well, I don't know since there are other people". Before she had mentioned she ALWAYS needs help at the ranch. Then she commented that she didn't want to 'deal' with my mom coming as well. She said she had NO problem with that over the phone. WTH? So she called us and said she won't need my help the next day. We WASTED A QUATER OF GAS TO DRIVE DOWN THERE, TELL HER THINGS I COULD HAVE TOLD HER OVER THE PHONE AND BE TALKED TO RUDELY. Now, does ANYONE know of a horse ranch in the poconos (Mount Pocono mainly) where the owner isn't A RUDE PERSON LIKE THE TWO I JUST DESCRIBED?! I mean, seriously. What is up with the horse ranchs in this town?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment