Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Are Kiss the most overrated band in the history of rock music?

I know this is subjective, but I find it difficult to listen to any of their songs without getting bored. The melodies sound like they are ripped from nursery rhymes, the guitars sound more like travel hairdryers (even when played on vinyl and through a valve amp and high response speakers) and the songs just go nowhere 'I want to rock and roll all night and party every day', repeated ad nauseum. And they continually appear on rock lists. THey seem like the template for the worst of the worst hair metal bands of the 80s. And Kiss are mentioned in the same breath as Bowie or Alice Cooper, both of whom had enough substance to their music to do whaever they liked with their image. Sorry, Kiss fans, I have no intention to offend you, I just don't get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment