Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What about plot doubts....?

Okay, I am a young, aspiring author. For a while, I had this plot in my head that I had written down a long time ago. Seventy pages later, I noticed that what I had written was complete and total crap. I still loved the plot, so I decided to re-write it. As for quality, the second draft was like a miracle, but still not well, and when I write nowadays, I keep thinking that the plot is amazing, but maybe TOO amazing for such an inexperienced writer. I don't think that, with my amateur skills, I can take it on, and that I should just focus on smaller steps for a while. So, my question is: Do you think I should put the novel idea away in a file for a while until I become more developed as a writer, or continue no matter how terrible I am. I don't want to butcher the plot with my 'skills'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment